Dispensary MedTender – AltMed
Salary: $20,000 – $40,000
Full-time and Part-time positions required for locations in Apollo Beach, Sarasota & Tampa.
Med tenders should have customer service experience, computer, teamwork, cash handling, and retail skills. Preferably experienced in the medical marijuana or healthcare Industry. He/She reports to and is supervised by the Dispensary Manager and the Assistant Manager. Must be at least 21 years old and pass a criminal background check.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards.
• Develop and maintain rapport with our Patients, vendors, service providers and staff.
• Ensure Patients’ concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate Patient requests and/or problems to Manager when needed.
• Recommend, select and help locate the proper medicine for Patients depending on their individual needs and Physician Certification.
• Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to Patients clearly and effectively
• Follow policies and procedures, including inventory control, qualifying patient record keeping, security, dispensing medical marijuana, patient education and support
• Represent our philosophy on customer service and customer relationships
• Arrive on time, morning shifts before the doors open to set up. Closing shifts stay until all the work has been completed.
• Ensure the dispensary is ready to serve the patients
• Clean and organize med tending room, bathroom, and backroom before opening and closing including wiping down counters and windows.
• Ensure POS and customer areas are clean and organized
• Stock inventory as requested by DM or AM
• Offer education material to every patient before every point of sale
• Maintain the strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Previous experience as a pharmacy technician, bank teller, or other work experience with strict compliance standards preferred.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience in the medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required.
• Must be 21 years old and pass a criminal background check.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient computing skills
• Innate desire to achieve success and a work ethic to match
• Ability to critically think and problem solve without direction
• High level of integrity